Who are these apes?
The modern human is traveling through life at a breakneck speed. Remember back in the day when all you had to worry about was finding food and a place to sleep? Of course you don’t. Because that was over 15,000 years ago. Today, there is a lot more going on inside that brain. Instead of thinking about a constant source of food and shelter, the modern (westernized) ape is more concerned with being connected. Up until very recently on our historical timeline, it was impossible for humans across the world to stay connected with one another instantaneously. The technology we have today to access information would have been considered magic to a person living just a hundred years ago.
The Internet is arguably the greatest invention in human history. Not just because of what it is now, but also because of what it has the potential to become. Since its creation, we have continuously found ways to make the Internet faster, more efficient, more interactive, and, most importantly, more human. It has formed a new way for us to connect with other people across the globe via social media, online forums, video games, education, news—the list goes on and on. These connections will only continue to evolve and become faster than currently imagined possible. What did humans do before they used fire? Well, for one thing, some scientists believe they didn’t use language. Certain anthropologists believe cooking meat over the fire gave us the required nutrients that allowed our brains to grow larger and develop the capacity for speech and culture. Is it possible that the Internet may be a tool for evolving our brains into a higher level? The interconnectedness created by the Internet has already altered our society, culture, and politics. Could it also change the very chemistry of our brains? Time will only tell.
The Modern Ape was designed to cover various topics that drive human curiosity. The underlying theme within most of these subjects is sustainability. We believe that now it is more important than ever to inspire creative ideas that may help to better humanity.
We will usually incorporate the following subtopics within each category:
- Health: nutrition, diet, fitness, medicine, meditation
- Urban design: biophilic cities, sustainable transportation, urban farming, green neighborhoods
- Music + art: electronic music, indie, alternative, hip-hop, instrumental, underground, modern art, graffiti art, pencil, digital art, videography, photography
- Architecture: sustainable design, living buildings, renewable energy projects, bio-inspired design
- Nature: animals, environmental news, ecosystems, biodiversity, nature photography
- Sustainability: climate change, sustainable practices, alternative and renewable energy, upcycling, biomimicry
We are always open to fresh ideas for interesting, new topics to cover. If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, please let us know via our contact form.